Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mapping the world with Etsy


We are embarking on our homeschool journey this year and one of our ongoing projects is to map all of our Etsy sales on a large world map in the dining room. We started earlier this summer...I wish I had thought of it sooner because we had a lot of overseas sales last year....but I'm sure there will be more to come. So far we have been able to mark sales in several different countries around the world such as India, Spain, Italy, Finland, Canada, the United States and Great Britain. I must admit it has been educational for me as well. My geography skills were weaker than I thought.
It has become a ritual each week when we get sales together to ship we always mark the map with a tiny shiny sticker. My husband jokes that it's a map of our world domination. I have to say it is rewarding to see all those shiny stickers gleaming even if we aren't really planning to take over the world. At least now I can say that I'm an internationally known artist...ha! ha!
Cammy seems to really enjoy trying to find the new countries, but finding the states frustrates her because the world map doesn't divide them. We got a smaller poster of the United States of America and are marking the sales in the USA on that as well and it seems to be helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...