Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2009

"Where's my Midwife?"






There are few birth options available in our area and the local hospital just took away one of them. Apparently they are no longer going to allow Certified Nurse Midwives to deliver babies at the hospital. Our community is outraged.....I for one am stunned. Both of my babies were delivered by a midwife at the hospital and it was wonderful. What is worse is over 90 women were left with no advance notice and just handed off to obgyn's . I can't imagine how these women are feeling. It is such an important time in their lives growing a child and putting their trust in their midwife only to have someone say....nope you are going to have to find a new doctor we won't allow yours to deliver your baby. I ask that any of you brave mama's out their who are advocates of nurse midwifery please visit this link and give your support. Mom's in the area are in the midst of planning a peaceful protest for Monday August 10, 2009 and I'm sure they would love to hear some supportive voices from around the world.
"Demonstration Monday to Support Wilmington Midwives"
Where's my midwife?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...